Oh my goodness. It’s our first Christmas with kids!! And there are 3 if them!!!! How did that happen?
So we busted out the Christmas tree and all the ornaments to decorate. Here’s where I’ll confess. I have a huge control idol. I mean HUGE. I like things to be a certain way and don’t even try to change a tradition. Period. Well, the Lord is certainly using kids to break that!! Here’s what I learned while we decorated the tree:
1. It’s ok for 2 ornaments to be on the same branch
2. It’s ok that there are more ornaments on the bottom than the top. I mean we are dealing with shorties!
3. 2 year olds like to take the balls off more than they like putting them on. This will make un-decorating great.
4. Pink, blue, and purple are Christmas colors. Really. They are!
5. Hearing a child say, “this is a beautiful tree. I’ve never had one.” will make you cry.
I love these girls and all they teach me!!!
Oh, not Christmas related, I’ve also learned that it’s ok to let a 6 year old dress herself. Even if it doesn’t match. Sigh…God is chippin’ away at that control!